Come to our FAT TUESDAY night of Celebration. Dress up, wear your masks, bring your festive Foods and Spirits.
According to historians, Mardi Gras dates back thousands of years to pagan celebrations of spring and fertility. Traditionally, in the days leading up to Lent, merrymakers would binge on all the meat, eggs, milk and cheese that remained in their homes, preparing for several weeks of eating only fish and fasting. In France, the day before Ash Wednesday came to be known as Mardi Gras, or “Fat Tuesday.”
The Favorite Money/Lottery Tree will be here for a Lucky Winner. Raffle Tickets are available NOW.
• $10 donation
• Food - Gumbo, red beans and rice and more! This is a potluck so bring your favorite dish to share.
• King cake for all! Will you be the lucky one to get the baby?
• Zydeco, Creole, Cajun and Dixieland Music
• Costume contest to be King and Queen of the party
• Krewe activities and games
• Come meet new people and see what the Lighthouse is about
• FUN, FUN, FUN!!!