Publishing Workshop 101 - Instructor Cheryl Wash
FOR BEGINNERS AND ADVANCED WRITERS, AUTHORS, STORYTELLERS & POETS. You got a story to tell, now what? A COMPLETE PUBLISHING WORKSHOP WITH ACTIVITIES AND EXERCISES DURING EACH SESSION SO YOU CAN GET YOUR MOVIE,
PHOTOS, ART STORY, POEM BOOK PUBLISHED IN 2017. Everything you need to know to write, publish, promote and sell your own story and book.
SELF-PUBLISHING 6-Week Workshop
Learn how to self-publish a book to Create Space, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Apple iBooks and learn how to make your book a Kindle best-seller affordably.
Here are the topics covered in this workshop:
• Week 1 - TODAY’S PUBLISHING SCENE, SHARE STORY IDEA WITH WRITERS CIRCLE FOR INSTANT FEEDBACK
• Week 2 - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
• Week 3 - DESIGN, TYPESETTING
• Week 4 - SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING, DIGITAL CONTENT-FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR LINKEDIN.
Week 5 - PUBLISHING PLATFORMS-POD CASTS, YOUTUBE, SOCIAL MEDIA CREATE SPACE, AMAZON KDP, KINDLE, LULU, TRADITIONAL VS POD PRINTERS.
• Week 6 - PUBLISH YOUR STORY-TRADITIONAL, DIGITAL, SUBSIDY OR SUBMIT TO LITERARY AGENT.
This class will give an overview and details of self-publishing and traditional publishing. Everything, and we mean everything, related to traditional and self-publishing.
This workshop is a six-week face-to-face course. Each week there is a one two-hour face-to-face meeting, and other course material and assignments. You can expect 2-3 hours outside of class sessions to work through the material and to modify your publishing project.